Technical Highlights #9: Automated Assembly Planning Prototype
In this video is a presentation of the outcome of the research project conducted by ESI North America and Oregon State University, with the Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute (DMDII) :
- Automated Assembly Planning: Beginning with CAD input of complete assembly in final position
- Intelligence: Prototype applies geometric reasoning, artificial intelligence, user guidance to automatically compute and animate immersive ready (VR) animation of assembly processes
- Powerful: streamlined assembly planning
Technical Highlights #8: Realtime Collision Handling
In this video it is presented how to apply Realtime Collision Handling with Multibody Physics Simulation for Efficient Disassembly Studies in IC.IDO:
- Realistic: Interactively move parts with realtime collision handling
- Clear: Get contact points highlighted visually
- Physically based: Push away other objects, take into account flexible objects and gravity
Technical Highlights #7: Adding Plausible Illumination to Interactive VR Sessions
Learn from this video how to add plausible illumination to your interactive session in IC.IDO:
- Ambient Occlusion: Quickly enhance visual realism
- Global Illumination: Physically based shadows for increased reliability
- Interactive: Quick preview during interaction, progressively refining when interaction ends
- Adjustable: Apply color correction to resulting image
Technical Highlights #6: Quick Texturing in IC.IDO
Learn how to enrich your model quickly by adding different textures within IC.IDO:
- No need for detours through 3rd party texturing tools
- Interactively position your texture on the object, assisted by a 3D positioning gizmo
- Significantly increase the visual realism of your model.
Technical Highlights #5: Adding an Environment in IC.IDO
This video demonstrates how you can easily add an environment to your model in IC.IDO:
- Just a few clicks to create a new environment
- Semi-automatic adjustment to the dimensions of your scenario
- Immediately see realistic reflections on objects.
Technical Highlights #4: Simulation of Kinematic Chains
In this video, it is demonstrated how you can define and evaluate your kinematic chain within IC.IDO very easily:
- Assisted: Automatic Axis detection for fast creation of rotational joints.
- Intuitive: Direct support of closed kinematic chains.
- Immediate: Interactively evaluate mechanism behavior at any time.
Technical Highlights #3: Visualize Huge Amounts of Data
Learn how to conduct your engineering reviews in the context of the whole product:
- Theoretically unlimited: Optimized data structure and dynamic streaming technology for visualization of huge amounts of geometry data.
- Interactive: Realtime navigation and high interactivity for reviewing functionality.
Technical Highlights #2: Fast Data Preparation
This video introduces 3 new and highly efficient tools for data preparation and optimization:
- Split: Ungroup CAD geometries in individual parts for interaction and simulation.
- Combine: Easy way of tweaking product structure for optimal performance.
- Slice: Cut geometry with a plane, at any position.
Technical Highlights #1: Create and Simulate Elastic Components
Learn how to create elastic components in IC.IDO for fast and user friendly routing and real-time simulation of cables, hoses and wire harnesses:
- Automatic Mode: Auto-detection of imported cable geometry and conversion into elastic components.
- Sketching: Create cables and routing by sketching along existing geometry or by free 3D sketching.